Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jar Crazy

I've gone jar crazy in the kitchen..it's starting to look a little apothecary, but I love our new pantry set up.  I think I actually motivated myself (weird) with my Container Store post, soon after I was online ordering 16 gallon jars.  

It wasn't until the boxes arrived later that week that I realized how many jars 16 actually is. 


It was like an entire army.


Soon after the jars arrived, I popped over to Lexington Co-op to stock up 
on the following: Rice (brown and white), Wild Rice, Flour,
 Sugar (brown and white) Israeli Couscous, Quinoa, Lentils, 
Split Peas, Barley, White Beans, Kidney Beans


It's so much easier to fill your own bags from the 
dry good bins at the co-op. It will mean less time spent shopping 
for tiny and expensive pre-packaged bags of quinoa 
or beans and less waste.


But more importantly..I love the look.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a little apothecary - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was a little overwhelmed by the look of two rows of eight jars at first, but they have definitely grown on me. And it really is money saver.

    The Drake is really fun, and such an easy get away for Buffalonians. Thanks for all of your comments!

    ReplyDelete