Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun with Acrylic

I have a feeling what I've seen of Toronto's design stores has been the mere tip of the iceberg, but we did stumble across some great spots during our last visit. 

So far Machine Age Modern, where I found these amazing chairs, is my fav.  Love how the wood legs warm up the acrylic seat, these little gems would look perfect pulled around a kitchen table. 


I'd never seen this acrylic spin on the classic Eames frame before.  I'll have one of each please:)  Two of the more typical acrylic furniture pieces are the..  


Perfect for a cramped Manhattan apartment.  I love how they completely disappear in an interior space.


image from Decor Pad


image from Decor Pad


And the iconic Ghost Chair.
Love the mix match of styles in the kitchen below.

image from Decor Pad


Image from theLENNOX.com

 
Now this I think is just silly, but could probably work in the right setting, I guess?


And I do appreciate the acrylic play on the Chiavari Chairs 
seen at every wedding you've ever been to.
These would really expand the space in a cramped seating area.

No comments:

Post a Comment