Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Don't I Know You..

You know when you've seen something around..but you don't think about it much until one day you start to google and suddenly you're obsessed? No? Well that's what happened to me with these blue, yellow, red and green stripes. They went from kind of familiar to iconic within a matter of minutes.

Canada's Hudson Bay Company point blankets date back to the 1700's and are to this day coveted around the world. While in Toronto we walked by an entire multi-striped window display and like a moth to a flame, I walked into the store. John stood by patiently as I touched, photographed and swooned.


The blankets come in many sizes, but I love the smaller throw
version with the fringe. I'm thinking it might look perfect
draped across the bed in my show house room.


Also really loved the sweater.


And the SIGG water bottle.



Almost bought this little tote, mostly because it was the cheapest item
on display, but I have too many totes..so I exercised restraint.
Good for me.


Before we left for Toronto I saw these paintings on Brook Farm General Store's blog Stacking Shelves which is what really began the whole familiar stripe curiosity.

I've had an internet crush on Brook Farm General Store for a while now, next time I'm in Brooklyn I'm going to make the long awaited pilgrimage to see the store and Jamie Douglas' work in person. Love the wooden spoons too.


Another Brooklyn gem, Sit and Read is selling this mid century modern
armchair upholstered with a vintage point blanket. Yowsa.



3 comments:

  1. So funny, I was thinking about this blanket after I saw that same sit and read photo (remodelista baby) and remembered my dad had one of these as well. It is one of those timeless nostalgia pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So timeless, I'm just biding my time until I buy one.
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete