Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mushrooms!

Every year my mom makes a christmas log, or Bush de Noel I should say. She spends a majority of her afternoon baking and rolling and frosting the cake but buys the meringue mushrooms and bud mints. Each year I think 'I should try to make those adorable little mushrooms'..and this was the year I finally did. I was a bit nervous, this is a pretty serious family tradition, but my meringue mushroom experiment was a success! Turns out it's actually pretty easy.
You just:

Pipe out the caps and the stems, bake for an hour


Sprinkle with cocoa powder and dip the under side of the
caps in warm nutella (delish)


Stick the stems on and let dry upside down


And stick'em on the log.


Hope everyone had a very happy holiday!!


Pleasure doing business with you Bets!

No comments:

Post a Comment