Monday, December 6, 2010

The Calendar

Here's the deal, I have an unhealthy obsession with my giant filofax. I carry the clunky thing with me everywhere, inevitably having to jot something down. One day I was in a checkout lane with my iphone in one hand and my filo in the other, the preteen cashier looked at me with disbelief and said "if you own that (pointing to the iphone) why do you still carry around that (pointing to the filofax)." Wow.

So I guess my liking a pen and paper to plan and organize makes me a little old school. Recently John requested we open a joint Google calendar, but somehow I just don't trust computers with my schedule and seeing as how we already had a large chalkboard from the wedding on our kitchen wall..I couldn't resist, the giant chalk calendar was born! Love the idea but I obviously cannot take credit for it, I'm sure many have done the same in past and let us not for get Joe MacGonaughgill from If Lucy Fell.





1 comment:

  1. I feel like I was that boy telling you about the iPhone haha, and I do use my google calendar, and a cool app called "2Do" for, well, thing I need to remember to do at certain times (on my iPhone)... ALTHOUGH I have to say that the chalk board does look cool, you can add some check task in the bottom to fill up the space. Greetings. (and yes, this is the Juan Pablo Foreign Exchange Student that Karen and Gary hosted)

    ReplyDelete