Monday, November 15, 2010

Ode to Muji

Years ago in Brooklyn I decided to ditch my dresser, not only were its old sticky drawers almost impossible to close but somehow they didn't seem to be big enough any more..hmm.

De la Espada's low chest was what I wanted, but not even a good rationalization would work this time. I was in interior design school at the time with no income, credenzas of any kind seemed out of my price range. What a predicament! That is until I discovered Muji. Their incredibly logical philosophy aside, I just liked their clean and uncomplicated design. Since picking up these modular shelves in Brooklyn in 2007, they've traveled across the country to California, then back again to present day Buffalo.

Brooklyn.
Yes that's Ray in the puppy days.

San Francisco.
The shelves were moved from bedroom to living room,
no longer storing cloths but the TV, books and magazines.

Buffalo.
Again they're in the living area, but we've now taken full advantage
of this modular opportunity..

turning the forth shelf into perfect little bed side tables.


No comments:

Post a Comment