Friday, October 22, 2010

The Life and Death of a Veggie Garden




Well I guess to say death is a bit dramatic, but we're getting close. The pictures above show the garden in four stages, starting in July and ending today, October 22.



Our little garden was planted late in the season, making our seed selection at Urban Roots pretty limited. Mostly leafy greens, which I've tried very hard to eat and not just push around my plate, and carrots. Carrots!!

Love carrots. Though ours are mere toddlers, I'm told they should continue to grow through November. So maybe by thanksgiving we can have a small little bowl on the table, we'll see..

4 comments:

  1. Looks like your garden needs a visit from Uncle Eros! Our garden was a 50% success, now we are preparing for a winter harvest of beets, carrots, chard and kale. Will keep you posted.

    In other news, wanted to let you know we did end up painting the fireplace. Not sure the outcome was worth the pain of filling in all those tiny areas but it brought it from the 70's to the 80's (again not sure that is an improvement). Stay well in the Buff and hope to see you on the west side soon.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blog evancheck! I wish I were still blogging...alas, working 18 hour days leaves little time for it. Which is why I love yours

    love
    Peeps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, our garden looked cute, that's about all I really can say. Next year less leafy greens. Ugh. Send a pic of your fire place, if you you have a before and after I'll post it! Meg Auerbach is dealing with the same predicament. Paint the brick on the fireplace white or leave it bright red. I'd love her to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PEEPS! I heard you're kicking ass at the new job and Spruce is now a Michelin star!? Congrats, looks like you didn't need to go to Puko after all :)

    ReplyDelete