Monday, April 12, 2010

Bachelorette

My lovely sister is getting married this summer in Ireland, indeed it has been a very big year for nuptials in our family. The wedding is going to be beautiful, my sister and her soon to be Irish husband choose a gorgeous castle in Donegal Ireland for the ceremony. Unfortunately as is the case with most destination weddings, some her closest friends can't make the long journey. So my job as maid of honor is to give her the best engagement party a bride could ever dream of. As they say, the pressure is on. Because it's more personal, and cheaper, I went the DIY route with the invitations, place cards and party favors. Other than an uncooperative glue stick and major razor blade gash on the tip of my finger, I actually enjoyed myself. Who knew? I filled these little burlap sacks with lavender, the smell is thick in the air of my kitchen, might sound nice to some of you but after filling and tying 23 little bows I'm feeling a bit dizzy.





No comments:

Post a Comment